Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Mooo! vies

So it seems my resolutions are as houses made from straw. Not very durable. But perhaps, I was trying to force myself too much. 500 words a day? What was I thinking?

In any case, my current lifestyle (almost all work and little play) is unsatisfactory and I have decided that I should be socializing more.

One of the things that I have thought of to improve the quality of my social life is to spend more time with my friends. To achieve this I will be holding bi-weekly dvd screenings on Saturdays.

The first such evening will be held on February 3rd 2007.

How it will work is that I will bring a collection of DVD disks and anyone else is also encouraged to bring one or more DVD’s with them (if they choose to do so)

I will then randomly select two of the DVDs to provide the evenings entertainment. I will also be making the snacks (I enjoy cooking).

All that the guests really need to bring are themselves, which of course does not prevent them from bringing whatever they desire to assist in the festivities.

The theme for this initial evening is “Dystopia” and the films that I will bring are the following (BTW I have watched none of these films yet)

  • Metropolis
  • Brazil
  • Soylent Green
  • Fahrenheit451
  • 1984
  • The Lathe of Heaven
So if you know who I am and where my office is, feel free to drop by. It starts at 17:00 for 17:30 and we will be watching two DVDs

Daily Tally
Weight = +- 95kg (woot!!)
M = 2

2 comments:

Cacophony said...

strange thing. you use less of your brain while watching tv than you do while you are sleeping, so your claim that you will be spending more time with your friends is really unfounded because, technically speaking nobody will be there, including you.

LiberalDirk said...

Except of course that we will not be watching it on a TV / Pedant Mode Off

We will be watching it on a projector!

And linkage please on your claim of less brain usage whilst sleeping... Stated Fact /= Fact